Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mindful Twittering

As time trickles down toward the wedding (less than two months to go...I can't believe it), I thought I might need something in addition to the blog to update my readers on the latest nuptial news. Time is more limited now, and things are happening faster. In fact, just today, my mindful groom ordered our wedding bands (as in the rings, not the music) and dropped off information necessary for our marriage certificate. The details have sprung into action--no longer is it "find a venue for the reception" but "start doing seat assignments." We've hired a caterer, but now we need to decide between yakitori or citrus marinated salmon fillets. For cupcakes--vanilla or chocolate? Mango or raspberry sorbet? Traditional or modern ketubah? The planning stage is more intense, more fast-paced, but I am trying to remember to relax, to have fun with the details, and to twitter about them. So check me out on my new twitter site: www.twitter.com/mindfulbride. But don't worry, I'm still a mindful blogger, too!

1 comment:

Maggie Mayer said...

I know exactly what you mean, it DOES speed up, doesn't it? Check out this post of mine on ketubot, (we went with 'alternative egalitarian' text, and though I have not gotten around to posting about it, I found the most awesome book called "The New Jewish Wedding" by Anita Diamant. We got it from the library and could not put it down! It makes the tradition and choices FUN. Good luck!