Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happily Exhausted

I sit here by my home computer, my eyes heavy with tiredness. I debated blogging tonight. I'm pretty exhausted, and not 100% mindful right now. But I wanted to capture the now, the raw emotion. So I sit and begin to write.
***
This weekend was our family engagement party, where relatives from both sides flew, drove, or trained in to celebrate our pending nuptials at my aunt and uncle's house last night. It was so wonderful. And when I just typed my last sentence, I felt frustrated. Wonderful doesn't capture it. Amazing. Touching. Unforgettable. There's something truly special celebrating with both the people I've known my whole life, and with the people I've grown so close to over Dan and my years together. And having them--Dan's family and my family--begin to form strong bonds with one another. So I'm signing off now, to relax and prepare the mundane after the sublime: Monday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect weekend and is only the prelude to many many wonderful celebrations. I know I speak for Darryl, Gina, Stephen, Simone, David, Ashley, Yael and even little Justi when I say it was a joy to spend the weekend with the Lieberman and Fuchs' families and I know Daniel has found not only a wonderful woman to be his wife but a warm and loving family to be part of.

Anonymous said...

We had such a great weekend...it was worth all the travelling! and we even got to see Niagara Falls on the way home......keep in mind we kept all of our stories quiet....we're saving them up for the big day!!!......but I did like the "bald" story......good one, Elissa!....GK