Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Musical Lessons

So, good news: We heard a band we love. Or, should I say, Dan heard a band. The band search abounds with lessons learned, so read along with pen and paper in hand. It began around 6 weeks ago, when my parents recommended one musical ensemble for us to hire. Dan and I traveled to the 6th and I Synagogue to hear them play at a wedding. We liked them, but decided to look around. To be honest, I wasn't completely sure I wanted to scout out more options. The band would have been good. And with so many other things to think about--wedding-related and other--I thought, lazily, about giving up the search. But I'm glad we didn't. On Sunday night, Dan drove out to the boon docks to hear another band play (why I didn't come along is coming...keep reading), and called me from my girls-weekend away (aha! the reason. but wait. there's more.) to absolutely rave about their songs, their performers, and their performance that night. I was thrilled. And glad we weren't lazy. I was going to accompany him on this sojourn deep into Virginia territory, and Saturday night we were all set to go. I was even in one of my nicer dresses, as not to stand out as the one person not actually invited to the wedding, but just going along to hear the band. But as we went to enter the address into our beloved GPS system, we realized we had read the date wrong. It was actually Sunday. So, I went off with the girls for a relaxing bonding Labor Day, and Dan listened to the band play.

No comments: