Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Wedding of my Dreams

I swear, I think the wedding is beginning to affect me more while I am asleep than awake. Last night I was again deep in what can only be described as A REALLY WEIRD dream. Instead of the DC wedding I have been planning, our wedding was in Croatia (our honeymoon locale), but to get there, my parents, Dan, and I flew to Yugoslavia, where we stayed at the house of a couple we found on craigslist. It was in the middle of the worst rain storm ever, and so the couple (who were very trendy and arte noveau, and had an adorable eight-year-old daughter) decided they would drive us to a train station to get to Croatia for the ceremony. They took us in their car, where we feared for our life and I worried that we wouldn't make the train to Croatia, and Dan and I would return to the US, unmarried. Turns out we would return unwed, because we kept calling and calling our Croatian wedding venue, but couldn't get through. We eventually all assumed they were closed because of the terrible, terrible rainfall. And so, sadly, we gave up on marriage and drove to West Virginia. (Apparently you can drive from Yugoslavia to West Virginia). I was pressuring everyone for us to just go to the first wedding chapel we could find, although I am not sure how it ended because I had to get up for work. I have nothing else to say.

No comments: