Sunday, December 28, 2008

Eileen and Justin's Wedding

At 11:00am yesterday morning, I walked down the aisle, remembering not to step too quickly and smile gracefully even though I was a little nervous. "What?" you readers are thinking. "Did you and Dan elope?" Nope. I was a bridesmaid. My friend from childhood, Eileen, and her new husband Justin got married yesterday, in a beautiful ceremony followed by a fun-filled and special reception (note: the food, particularly the chocolate coated macaroons and the espresso bar were huge hits. Just thinking of the sweet coconut cookie dipped in a latte makes me hungry). Eileen looked great. Not because of her beaded white dress or long lace veil. But because she had the bridal glow, the glow of happiness. And I felt really honored to be a part of the wedding. I've known Eileen since elementary school, and we've had more than our fair share of skinned knees and elbows courtesy of rollerblading injuries. (check out my post after her bridal shower for more details). It's a pretty amazing feeling to watch someone you've known the majority of your life, who's been a constant through so much of the memorable growing up years, go through a major rite of passage. I hope my wedding has a similar warm and special aura. Although I don't know if any dessert could compare to those macaroons.

No comments: