Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stress Busters

So, I was reading an article yesterday on managing the stress of planning a wedding. I really liked one idea, so much so that Dan and I had implemented it, even before I saw this piece. The idea was to schedule times where wedding talk is banned..the article suggested whole weekends at a time, but we have taken it more gradually to not discuss any nuptial details past 11pm or Saturday nights and Sunday mornings. Not that we talk about the wedding the rest of the week, but that time is forbidden. I like that, because it emphasizes that there is a life outside of the wedding, there are still things to think about, talk about, and do together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More specifically, we agreed upon Saturday nights after 8PM and Sunday mornings before 12PM. The daily 11PM rule includes general nagging, financial spreadsheets and budgeting (pillow talk in my eyes), and computer rewiring or rewireless-ing.

I'm not sure we talk much after 11PM.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well I think about the wedding 24/7, every time I drill a tooth.

Anonymous said...

"pillow talk"??...easyyy.

kids read this