Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Croatia, We're A'Coming


So we've chosen a honeymoon destination: Croatia. Its glistening beaches, historical sites, and pristine national parks have beckoned. My blog readers agree, as they picked this Eastern European country on a survey I conducted a few months back. On Saturday night, Dan and I waited in a Barnes and Noble to see Slum Dog Millionaire (the 8pm showing was sold out, so we settled for the 10pm. It was worth the 2-hour bookstore browse. Great movie!), where we paged through several guide books. The never dormant travel bug in me awakened with a frenzy, excited to read about this secluded beach or that famous local restaurant. Dan shares my love of international travel, and I soon saw him drift deeper into the books, dreaming of a scuba dive off a Croatian beach. We bought one book, a glossy covered Frommer's guide that includes several itineries and lists of the best shorelines, diving spots, hotels, and hiking. Let the travel planning begin!

No comments: