Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shades of White

A few weekends ago, I made another wedding purchase: a veil. Dan's sisters had both used the same veil in their weddings, and they lent it to me to wear as well. I liked the idea of handing something down from wedding to wedding, but when I went to the bridal boutique to try on their veil with my dress, it didn't match! In my naivete, I had just assumed white was white, and their classically elegant, egg-shell colored veil would work with my ivory dress. Boy, was I wrong. It clashed. I was disappointed, not to wear their veil. But I went back to the drawing board, or bridal dress shop rather. Finding another veil wasn't that hard...and actually the two veils are very similar in style, just not color. And so the story ends on a happy note. But I share this little segment of my wedding planning process for the two lessons I learned from it: never make assumptions, and there are many, many shades of white.

No comments: