Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary

The clock reads 11:12pm. Our four-year anniversary from our first date is slowly fading away. I'm a little sad, the same sort of sadness when your birthday ends and you have to wait a whole 364 days to celebrate again. But also excited. As a surprise, Dan bought us tickets to see Cirque de Soliel (too tired to google the spelling...but you know what I mean). And who says after four years romance is dead?!? And, of course, I feel a bit nostalgic. Anniversaries do that to you, I suppose. I showed up to our first date in a purple cowl neck sweater and black ankle boots (I know. My memory scares me too). My mother dropped me off at the Dupont metro--I was living with my parents briefly during that time--and Dan and I walked to Front Page for beers. After two drinks on an empty stomach, my nerves were gone and we were chatting. Dan broke out pictures of his niece (Nice move, right) and we headed on over to Sushi Taro for dinner. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and per usual, I was juggling too many balls. I was trying to make plans with a high school friend (I even called her house to check in our her flight status. What a social blunder!) Luckily, Dan didn't mind and we ate and talked some more. At the risk of too much corniness, I'll sign off here. Four years later!

No comments: