Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wedding Planning in My Sleep

In the middle of the night last night, I jolted up from sleep. I touched my forehead to feel a thin layer of sweat right below my hair line. Before glancing to the clock to see what ridiculously early time it was, I forced my eyes shut. Luckily, I returned to sleep almost immediately.
I had a nightmare. No, it wasn't your typical nightmare of being chased by a robber or something. It was the bride-to-be version. In this nightmare, it was my wedding day, and I had forgotten one crucial detail: to arrange seat assignments. I remembered that morning, and quickly got on the phone with my mother. Before I knew it, she was driving me up to an art store to buy paper tabs on which to write our guests' names. Some unknown random third cousin was also in the car. I couldn't find a yellowish shade of paper to match the wedding's colors, so I settled for plain white. I bought as many as I could find, and then rushed back into the car. I was already late for my hair appointment. As my mother dropped me off there, she promised to place every guest at a table, and then write their name and table number on the white seat card. In a very short amount of time. And she still had to get ready herself. I don't know how the dream ended: I woke up sweating. Then I remembered my wedding is seven months away. In that time, I can surely find time to make table assignments. With that reassurance, I fell back into a deep sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re: wedding movies. Check out Monsoon Wedding