Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Red, Blue, or Yellow??

I sit at home, switching between different news stations to find the latest scoop on which state voted blue or red. Every presidential election day is slow and anticipation filled, with intermittent news bursting in. So I decide to step away from the TV for a few minutes, and ponder over my wedding color scheme. Trading, momentarily, the historic election for some thoughts on flowers. (OK, fine, it's on in the background...). Recently, we chose a cheerful yellow and a crisp white as the our wedding colors, with hints of green sprinkled in. I had considered every one of the rainbow's shades, but thought yellow was warm, a bit funky, yet still sophisticated. I had a bright yellow room growing up, and since my bedroom was the furthest east in the house, every morning the sun would stream in and light it up. When I was 14, I painted the yellow walls over with a soft baby blue, and even though I liked the change, I still felt a kinship with my original sunny hue. I feel a bit of relief, having made a decision, talked with a florist, and gotten her thoughts on bouquets and center pieces. Now, I move forward, onto food and photographers. But before anything else: back to the TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the colours!...GK