Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dreaming of June

It's freezing here in DC.  My 25-minute on foot commute to work yesterday was torture! When I arrived, my cheeks with flushed a deep cherry red, my eyes were watery from the bitter wind, and my hands were one step away from numb (No, I've never been a cold weather person). I stayed inside all day, and even put off leaving work and entering the tundra again, but at least I turned off my computer, packed my bags, and prepared for my exit. As I walked to the gym for a pre-weekend workout, I HAD to think about something else. And so my mind turned to June. The warm weather, the gentle breeze instead of the bracing wind, the sunshine rather than ominous clouds. And, of course, the wedding day. The day that's been on my mind for about eight months now. I still can't picture it. But as I check things off, I get more and more excited about the day. And not only the fact that it will be in the warm weather month of June, although that certainly helps. But the day itself. Sure, there's lots more to do and plan and think about, but right now, I am just excited with the anticipation of it all. In the bitter January cold, the promise of a wedding weekend four and a half months away made the walk home more bearable. 

No comments: