Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who's Afraid of Change?


In case you were enclosed in a giant hole for the last 18 months, the U.S. Presidential inauguration was yesterday. With the day off work, Dan and I and two friends walked from our apartment to the Washington Monument, where we were greeted by more than a million people cheering, crying, weeping, and celebrating. It was freezing, but amazing. We couldn't see Obama in person, but watched him on the Jumbo Tron. The crowd was captivating. The sea of people embracing change, a new President with a new vision. I've talked before about my fears of change, my concern over the unknown, as the wedding day and marriage approach. But being there yesterday was an extremely powerful reminder of how good change can be. As the country moves forward with our first African American President, I can only hope about how many joys 2009 will bring, in so many ways.

No comments: