Monday, January 26, 2009

A Piece of Floridian Bliss

This weekend, I was Internet free as I travelled from chilly DC to warm, sunny Florida. Dan and I surprised my grandparents with a visit, caught up with my aunt and uncle (who knew beforehand about our trip), laid on a beach chair while munching on vanilla fudge, and chilled out. We looked at photo albums, read magazines, and chatted over breakfast. The weekend ended with an early morning flight back to the frigid Washington weather. But when the plane landed and I sleepily made sure I had all my bags, I felt like I re-entered reality. Back to the wedding planning and work and cooking dinner (In Florida, there are plenty of other chefs to whip up delicious vegetarian concoctions). But the weekend rejuvenated me. The road ahead continues to twist--with more wedding tasks to check off, more creative thinking to do--and slowly the end comes closer into sight. I enjoy the path, but every now and then it's so nice and healthy and refreshing to step off it for a second, feel the comfort the people close to you, and embrace the warmth of the Florida sun. When you get back on the road, you feel more relaxed and ready to move forward.

No comments: