Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Steelers Fan...For Now

A benefit (albeit a side one) of finding a life partner is that when your sports team falls to 8-8 after an amazing first half of the season (by Redskins standards anyway) and misses the playoff is that you can cheer for your significant other's team. And right now, I am rooting for the Steelers to beat the Cardinals in Tampa. In a way, I'm diversifying my allegiances similar to investors advise you to diversify your funds. Some people will disagree with me: They're cheer-for-one-team kind of people. And so am I...until my team is out and rooting for another won't feel like cheating. So I watched as the Steelers brutally took on the Ravens, while the Pittsburgh fans waved their yellow terrible towels, and I began learning the names and positions of the Stealers players (Hines Ward is a wide receiver, right)? It may sound contradictary to my more mellow personality, but I love cheering for football. And so, as the Super Bowl nears, I'll be a converted and temporary Steelers fan. Are you too? Vote on my new poll at right!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog, thanks for sharing.



***************************
$$Win Cash in 60 Seconds$$

***************************

Anonymous said...

I wish it was the Eagles! How cool would that have been...battle of the PA teams :)

Anonymous said...

i feel like i don't even know you anymore..

Unknown said...

I admit that I voted twice (apparently you can check off more than one box at a time). My ice storm is jealous of your snow!