Friday, January 9, 2009

Letting the World Know!

This week was big in respect to our wedding communication strategy. On Monday, my mom and I had our first meeting with an invitions vendor, where we pored through around 10 thick books of sample invitations. "Ignore the font and color, just focus on the size, shape, and thickness of paper," she advised. We left with a few favorites in hand. During this encounter, I also learned a bit about my own styles. I always felt I was somewhere between traditional and contemporary when it came to wedding design. Nothing too old-fashioned, but nothing too modern and avant garde either. Turns out I am a total comtemporary. I veered toward the boxy (as opposed to rectangular) invitations, text at the bottom half of the page (instead of written across the whole invitation), and shied away from the traditional and classy double-envelope. Who knew? Apparently the invitation vendor. My wrap-around gray cardigan, and my interesting camisole were definite tip-offs, she assured me.
The wedding that I've been talking about with Dan, my parents, and his parents will soon be in people's mailboxes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to get my Save the Date today that even the 4-8" of snow we are getting today can't wipe the smile off my face. The invitation is beautifully elegant and the pictures of the two of you are a wonderful additional. By the way I checked out the "monkeyswedding" page yesterday and I encourage everyone to visit the site. The page with stories and pictures of the attendants is my favorite.