Friday, July 25, 2008

Life Right Now

Part of this blog's purpose is to capture what this whole engagement process is like, so that in 30 years I can revisit this time in my life. But I haven't really articulated what my everyday life is like. So here it goes: Dan and I life in a cosy, two-bedroom D.C. apartment. I like to call it shabby chic, a loveable place where the heat only broke down once this winter. We both walk to work, and there are days where we barely cross out of the zip code. The aroma of freshly ground coffee from the small cafe across the street tempts us to stay there and read the newspaper on Saturday afternoons. We shop at a Safeway commonly known as the Soviet Safeway because forget about getting produce on Tuesday nights--better to wait for the new shipment on Wednesdays. But we can always splurge on Whole Foods. OK, there's more than food, I promise. Tranquil Space is my favorite local yoga studio, where I often go for my down-ward dogs, shoulder stands, and plank poses, as well as a bit of peace of mind. The metro takes me pretty much where I want to go; otherwise, I have to catch a ride with Dan, because I sold my car and haven't learned to drive a stick shift yet. There's more than that, of course, but hopefully that paints a picture for all of you readers, and for me when I flip back.

1 comment:

Ange said...

Eliss! Here i am finally reading your writing and meaningful and inspiring and timely it is...xxoxoxo

HEART U2!