Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rabbi Searching

There are times when you just know something's a fit. Today it was the rabbi. On a friend's recommendation, we went to see a conservative rabbi at a nearby shul. He was warm, friendly, and said something I really liked (I am paraphrasing here): "A wedding is great, but a marriage is more important." So we got into the details of our families, and our good and bad qualities. Nothing about the wedding per se, which somehow relieved me. Discussing what marriage could be made me more excited about planning a wedding because it would be our first step as a married couple. It also made me less anxious about the overflooded industry, because if you can see past that (and I am still trying to), you don't have to worry if every little detail. You have the marriage. In other words, I got some perspective today.

No comments: