Friday, July 11, 2008

All Dressed Up

So, I have begun the wedding dress search, which everyone says is just the best part of the wedding planning process. I agree. Two weekends ago, I had an official appointment at a wedding dress store in Georgetown. Although none of the dresses were a perfect fit for me, it was so much fun prancing around in silk and satin. When I tried them on, I tried to imagine myself walking down the aisle in one, the picture is a bit blurry. Even though we have a place and a date--and I can envision the spiral staircare that I will (carefully) walk down--it still seems unreal. Even as the details come together, will the wedding ever feel real until its actual day? Or is it more of a gradual thing? When each piece of the wedding picture gets set, the whole pie feels more and more like you can see, taste, and smell it. And then when the day comes, it's just a totality of all your efforts.

No comments: