Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Simma Down Now

Last night it seemed that all the major details were aligning...for the same day! The rabbi, caterer, venue, and band were all available. I found myself bouncing around my apartment, letting the bridezilla in me come out at last. At 11pm, I couldn't contemplate sleep, so I started reorganizing my all my wedding notes and emails, jotting down ideas, looking over some of the bridal dresses I had admired online. But then a gradual reality check crept in. I have work tomorrow. It's 11:30 and I still haven't washed up, let alone finished the sudoku I'd been working on. The wedding is still 11 months away, and while it's so important to relish the thrills, the moments where things all seem like they're coming together, it's also necessary to find moments of peace, of relaxation...and be able to sleep comfortably.

No comments: