Monday, July 7, 2008

More on Mindfulness

I admit, I am a mindful beginner. But when wedding plans seemed out of control, I started thinking about this seemingly simple mindset and began trying to incorporate some of its concepts as I organized my big day. I opened my old copy of Wherever You Go There You Are to a page about not expecting all things to be calm and easy, but to able to roll with the surprises. The chapter, in fact, was titled "You Can't Stop the Waves, but You Can Learn to Surf." While there are some elements you can control as you plan your wedding, you can't control the fact that you'll need to make a lot of decisions--each with a hefty price tag--and some of which won't appeal to everyone. It's better to tackle each decision and any associated consequences head on, than wishing they would go away and resolve themselves.

No comments: