Friday, August 1, 2008

Dress Obsessed

Last night I took another look at wedding dresses. Unlike the first time I went, I actually had a clue of what I wanted--and the sales woman actually listened to me. Without giving too much away to my future husband (and avid blog reader), I found two styles that I really liked. Two styles completely different from each other. I didn't buy anything, but I really began to home in on what I am looking for. Which is more than half the battle, I think. And, really, I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Wedding dress shopping is so much fun. It's almost like you are transported to a world of silk, satin, and lace for an hour. It's dress-up for adults. But, before whipping out a credit card and making a purchase, mindfulness is key. Even as I pranced around excitedly in the gowns, trying on sashes and shimmery belts (which are very in these days, apparently, and actually pretty cute), I was trying to keep in mind "Do I really want this one? Can I see myself getting MARRIED in it? Is an extra few dollars worth it? Is it too dramatic, and will I feel too center stage?" Of course, these questions make the process a bit longer, but really I have the time, it's a fun experience, it certainly can't hurt to time an extra few seconds asking some mindful questions. Getting married has its stresses, but so far, dress shopping has not been one of them. In some ways, I don't want it to end!

No comments: